Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Way to be Protected

I just had my second shot of Gardasil last May 1st.  It is a vaccine created to prevent a certain strain of HPV or Human Papilloma Virus which may cause cervical cancer, well just to inform you guys, there are about 100 strands of HPV.  I got the idea of getting these shots after watching a local TV ads regarding HPV. At that time I asked myself, Do I need this shot?  Honestly, I'm not comfortable going to gynecologists and undergo some test, I think most of the girls do.  But at some point I realized it is for the best.  It is better to protect yourself rather than be sorry in the end.

So I went to the doctor and had my shots, compare to the injections I previously have, this is quite different – it burns.  Don’t take it literally, just that you have this feeling of discomfort on the arm where it was injected.  But don’t worry, it will be fine afterwards.  You just have to stay at the clinic for about 45 minutes after the shot for some observation if your body have some reaction with the vaccine.

Well,  this coming August would be my third and last shots, after that I’m totally protected. hehehe! Before I forgot,  each shots cost Php3, 500.00 and is given within six months.  Yes! It’s kinda expensive.   So you better save if you want to be vaccinated.  And if you have second thoughts or have read other articles about the side effect of Gardasil (like I did), talk to your doctor about it -he or she could give you answers to your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autosupply Cagayan de Oro City

Are you looking for autoparts supply here in Cagayan de Oro City? The best way is to go to Osmeña Street where various automotive stores can...