Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Book That Stands Above All Other Books

Have you ever read a unique book that stands among the other books?  You might be wondering what book I am referring to, well I'm talking about the Bible.

Before I continue let me just clear things up, I haven't read the entire Bible YET.  Well, there are verses and parables that  I am familiar with but I haven't reach the point wherein you just give me a chapter and verse and then I could give you the message it contains (though I really want to).  But, I am taking some baby steps now and hopefully before I turned 27 next year I'll be able to finish reading it. 

Well, back to the topic...

A sister in Church of my employer gave me a booklet explaining the uniqueness of the Bible among the other books.  Actually while I'm making this post I have the booklet in front of me hoping I could share it with you guys. By the way, the article in the booklet was taken from series of gospel message given in Moscow and St.  Petersburg, Russia in 1992. 

So what makes the Bible so unique among the others?  The booklet gave it reasons of uniqueness.   The first reason Its record of authenticity.  Second,Its wisdom and profoundness.  Third, Its Ethics and Morality.  Forth, Its influence and lastly Its Nature.

  • Its Record of Authenticity
    • The Bible holds countless references of actual events, people, and places.   Long before human discovered that the earth was round ( Isa 40:22) and that it hangs upon nothing (Job 26:7) it was already written on the Bible.  It speaks about the creation of the man, the universe and the earth(which has more valid explanation rather than the theory of some scientist).  Everything that had happened in the past, that is happening in the present and will be happening in the future were already written in the Bible.
  • Its Wisdom and Profoundness
    •  This is the only book that doesn't change as time pass by;  it always remains the same from the day it was written til this very day.  It contains the super wisdom concerning man's relationship with God and his fellow man.  It covers all kinds of knowledge. 
  • Its Ethics and Morality
    •  The Bible contains high standard of ethics and morality.  It describes proper love as a human virtue.  It defines love in the extending of forgiveness even to our enemies.  It even describes the love of our Heavenly Father for us in which He give up His only begotten Son in order to save us from the world(John 3:16).  It speaks of God's righteousness,  holiness, faithfulness, sincerity and of humanity.  It speaks about family and marital relationships.
  • Its Influence
    • Many great man who have read the Bible have been inspired to  believe in Christ and have changed their lives.  It is a source of teaching and revelation wherein Christians are convicted, corrected, instructed about righteousness and equip him for every good work.
  • Its Nature
    • Everything that has been  written in the Bible is divine in nature because it is God-breathed ( 2Tim 3:16).  He have spoken to us through His Spirit which goes into and out from the writers. 
So for those who would  like to know the truth  and wants to know their purpose here on earth all they have to do is to read the Bible because the answers are already written on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autosupply Cagayan de Oro City

Are you looking for autoparts supply here in Cagayan de Oro City? The best way is to go to Osmeña Street where various automotive stores can...