Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pork Afritada or Adobo???

I have to admit that there are only few dishes that I know how to cook.  To be exact, I only knew less that ten viand.

Gosh!

Anyway, so tonight I texted Nyl asking him what dish I could make with a few slices of pork meat and  few pieces of carrots and potatoes.  He suggested I should try pork afritada.

~nose bleeding~ hehehe! just kidding.

I informed him that I don't know how to do it and that I don't have all the ingredients needed especially the tomato sauce in which I remembered was one of the ingredients since this is a tomato-based stew dish, he told me that it was okay.  So he then texted me the recipes and the procedures in making this viand.  But I wasn't able to follow the entire procedure yet it taste good (tapping my shoulder for a dish well done).

So these are the ingredients and procedure I prepared and did.  If you know the exact name of this dish , please free to leave a message meanwhile let's just call it "Adofritada".  : )

INGREDIENTS:
- 1 piece bell pepper, seeded and slice
- 1 piece onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of  garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 pieces of potatoes, diced
- 1 piece medium size carrots, diced
- soy sauce
- vinegar
- a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- salt

Sorry, I can't give the exact measurement of the soy sauce, salt and vinegar I added since I just based it on how it taste.

PROCEDURE:
-  In a small size saucepan over a medium heat,  I saute the garlic in oil until golden brown.  I then added the
 onion until its color become lighter then I then added the bell pepper (hehehe!!! Nyls text was late the bell pepper was supposed to be added with the potatoes).
- I added the meat and wait until it turned light brown then I added the soy sauce, vinegar, water, carrots and potatoes.
- I then cover the sauce pan and simmer it until the carrots and potatoes were cooked.  I then added a small amount of salt to add more flavor.
-Then take a picture.  :) Hehehe!Just kiddng, turn-off the stove and serve.

My finished product.
My brother and his fiancee said it tasted good...YES!  Another tap on my shoulder.
Tonight I learned not only how to cook this dish but also I learned that nothing is impossible we just need to try doing something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autosupply Cagayan de Oro City

Are you looking for autoparts supply here in Cagayan de Oro City? The best way is to go to Osmeña Street where various automotive stores can...