Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pasalubong From Iloilo



Nyl brought some Illonggo’s delicacies last Sunday which he bought in Iloilo during his five days vacation there.  
 
Pinasugbo.  This is one of my favorite.  My grandparents used to bring this caramelized sliced banana sprinkled with sesame seeds when they used to travel to Iloilo.  Because of it's crunchy,chewy and sweet taste I almost ate the whole pack of it and until this very day I'm still craving for it.
 


 Biscocho.  At first I thought it taste like the toasted bread that we usually buy here in the city but I was wrong, this one taste better.  We paired it with coffee which made it more tasteful.
 








Piaya. I used to call this one “piya-piya” which makes my friends laugh because it sounds funny.   It is a flat circular unleavened bread with creamy muscovado as its filling.  Today, they have different flavors in the market, the one that Nyl's brought was ube flavor.
Butterscotch.   This one is new to my taste.  It's like a banana cake which we usually ate here yet this one has a small slice of mango. Hehehe!!! 












To sum things up, Iloilo delicacy are one of the best delicacy I ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autosupply Cagayan de Oro City

Are you looking for autoparts supply here in Cagayan de Oro City? The best way is to go to Osmeña Street where various automotive stores can...